We take an active role in the industry and in our community. In a world as swiftly-shifting as the software industry, you need to stay informed, stay relevant, and stay active. That's why we both host and attend events.
Our space has been used as a MeetUp location for GR Web Dev, as well as local user groups like the WordPress and Ruby User Group. The founding partners of Mutually Human met each other at a local Ruby User group, so it's only fitting that we continue supporting this forum for networking and sharing knowledge.
If you represent a local professional group, host a Meetup or a user group and need a place for your event let us know. We enjoy sharing our space and supporting the community.
We don't just hang out in our office. We've attended many user groups and conferences over the past year, including, Strangeloop, Barcamp, Michigan Lean Startup, Finish Weekend, Windy City Go, SXSW, and Interaction.
We've also had the opportunity to speak at Rails Conf, Ruby Conf MI, Great Lakes Ruby Bash, Great Lakes Software Excellence Conference, Future of Web Design London, Salt Lake City IxDA, GR Web Dev, GR Dev Day, Bacon, UX Lisbon, Midwest UX, and Agile Conf.
We invest in our neighbors. When possible, we attend events for local non-profits and start-ups, like GiveCamp Grand Rapids and Start-Up Weekend. In both cases, we donate our time and skills to get someone else off the ground. Though we may not always attend every event every year, we value this kind of involvement and we keep the commitment alive however we can.
Mutually Human was honored this year when Mark Van Holstyn became a finalist in the EPIC (Entrepreneurial, Progressive, Innovative, Collaborative) Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, specially for our innovative work in the industry and our participation in the community.
Events, whether conferences, volunteer weekends, or meet-ups, keep Mutually Human on the on the forefront of the software industry.
- Announcement: Mutually Human at Chargicon
- A Look at Balanced Team Chicago
- Mark Van Holstyn is an EPIC Award Finalist!
- Client Case Study: The American Red Cross
- Day 3 From Interaction, Dublin
- Our Five Year Anniversary Recap
- A Look Back at Give Camp, Grand Rapids, 2011
- Mutually Human Raises $700 for Prostate Cancer Reasearch
- Donate to Movember, Get Free Stuff from MHS
- Movember: Week 2
- "Design Thinking" and Innovation: Part 2/2
- MHS Joins the Fight Against Man-Cancer Through Facial Hair
- "Design Thinking" and Innovation: Part 1/2
- GRWebDev Presentations - UX: Making Web Sites People Want to Use
- Mobile App Challenge: The Story So Far
- Mobile App Challenge
- Ryan Montgomery Presents at WindyCityGo
- Interested in Teaching Video Game Design and Development?
- GLSEC 2009 Talk - Driving Behaviour w/ Cucumber
- JSConf2009 in review
- BDD with Rails Class
- Software Craftsmanship Summit
- Zach Dennis to Teach Tutorial at RailsConf