Getting to know a company of any kind can prove to be difficult. What do they believe in? What do they stand for? What values to they operate within? We want to make sure that our process and values are always transparent and that our approach to custom software development is clear. It’s all about putting people first and keeping humans at the center.
How We Keep Humans at the Center of Custom Software Development
We believe this happens through the lens of our 6 company values.
Everyone we work with — including our fellow Humans, clients, and users of the software we build — are humans first. We believe that we have a duty to them to be authentic and strive to always be transparent in our interactions.
We are committed to treating each other the way we hope to be treated. We think this makes for not only a better experience but better custom software development too.
Keeping Humans first includes:
- Sharing openly and honestly, both the good and the bad.
- Seeking to understand the motivations and goals of those we interact with.
- Celebrating accomplishments and we provide support in times of need.
Keeping humans at the center also includes constantly evolving and growing to meet their ever-changing needs. Standing still is just not an option. We don’t settle for the status quo, because we know there’s a better way just ahead. Our clients and those who trust us with their custom software development deserve a team that is constantly growing and getting better.
Constantly growing includes:
- Consistently seek ways to improve the speed and quality of the work that we do.
- Never shying away from new challenges, and viewing them as opportunities to improve.
- Seeking out feedback and using it to fuel growth.
Doing our best work often requires collaboration with others. We don’t let our pride prevent us from asking for help, and we jump at the chance to help someone else.
We believe individuals should be confident. But as a team, we become unstoppable. Our diverse perspectives allow us to find a root cause, evaluate multiple options, and choose the best way forward – ultimately benefiting our clients by creating the best custom software possible.
Collaboration looks like:
- Seeking to include other perspectives early and often.
- Looking for input from the team and encouraging everyone to share their perspective.
- Encouraging and inviting everyone to share, especially those not typically comfortable grabbing the floor.
Challenges will always come up, but how we respond is most important. We strive to always approach them with a positive, can-do attitude. We aren’t blind to the obstacles that exist, but we choose to focus on how we can overcome them instead of dwelling on them.
Staying positive looks like:
- Approach problems head-on and asking “How can we accomplish this?”
- Rejecting cynicism in favor of optimism.
- Encouraging teammates who are experiencing obstacles.
The number of good ideas far exceeds the time and budget available to execute on them. We owe it to ourselves and our clients to be good stewards of the resources available and spend our time wisely.
Having a pragmatic approach includes:
- Finding opportunities to deliver value as soon as possible.
- Separating the “must-have” from the “nice to have.”
- Seeking to understand the value, not just the effort.
Be All In.
Custom software development requires a team that trusts each other to get the job done. We are committed to doing our best for each other, our clients, and the people who use the software we create. We make our team strong by doing what we say. We prize the success of the team above the success of the individual.
Being all in means:
- Bringing the same amount of passion to the necessary as we do to the fun.
- Showing a willingness to “disagree and commit.”
- Celebrating team accomplishments.
We aim to be your partner in custom software development – a team that puts you, your organization and goals first – always! To learn more about our approach, schedule a free consultation with us or take our free quiz to find out if custom software is right for you.